Swedish Relaxation Massage
Are you feeling tired, stressed, suffering from headaches or other aches and pains?
Imagine lying in a warm dimly lit room, with warm massage bed and towels and the most relaxing music playing gently in the background as soft well-oiled hands firmly but caringly, soothe all of your troubles away………..
Stress is an increasingly dominant factor when it comes to ill health, not just physically or mentally but also emotionally. Our lifestyles are becoming increasingly busier, yet we all still have the same 24 hours in a day. We often forget to take the time out for ourselves to unwind, and de stress which may have some serious health side effects.
Here at Barbara Forbes Massage I can tailor your perfect relaxation experience leaving you feeling calm, balanced and floating on air.
What is a relaxation massage?
A relaxation massage is a gentle Swedish massage that uses slow, smooth, gliding strokes to help you relax.
There is less emphasis on working out chronic underlying muscle tension because you just want to drift away and feel good. This treatment is both calming and balancing for the body, creating a sense of wellbeing and deep relaxation.
What are the health benefits of relaxation massage?
A Relaxation Massage has many therapeutic benefits. Some of those include:
- Muscle relaxation which reduces tension
- A reduction of tension which can lead to lower blood pressure
- Improved blood circulation which increases oxygen levels in the blood
- Increased blood oxygen levels which can improve energy levels
- Removal of toxins and waste from body cells helping you to feel rejuvenated
- Increased endorphin levels which heightens a feeling of wellbeing
- A further feeling of wellbeing through nurturing human touch
This is a gentle massage, soothing and very relaxing. Massage oil or lotion is used to reduce friction on the skin.